Secrets & Lies
“He wants me. He wants all of me. What he doesn’t know is that 90% of what I tell him is the truth. The other 10% is all secrets and lies.”
MAGDELYN BECKER lost her entire family when she was seventeen. Ever since, she’s avoided relationships at all costs: personal, physical and emotional. She doesn’t trust anyone and won’t allow herself to get close enough to create a connection. It’s the way she is – take it or leave it. Her new job as an FBI agent has her letting her guard down, and letting the wrong person into her life, her mind and her heart.
TAYLOR DONOVAN is sexy, powerful and dangerous for Maggie’s heart. He doesn’t show emotion and can spot an agent a mile away. The thought of her being an FBI agent is the farthest thing from his mind when he lays eyes on Maggie Becker. She’s beautiful, sweet and brutally honest, and honesty is not something Taylor is used to in his business. It’s her beauty which blinds him though, and it might be what costs him everything, including his heart.
No one can be honest 100% of the time, not even Maggie. It’s her job to lie to Taylor. It’s her job to break him down and then bring him down. The only problem is she has to do it without Taylor realizing it’s happening. After all, Taylor Donovan is supposed to be dead. The FBI shouldn’t be looking for him.
(Secrets & Lies is a companion novella to A Secret Life. It is recommended to read A Secret Life first to fully understand Secrets & Lies.)
3 in stock